The .22-250 Remington is one of the best-selling and most popular cartridges. That’s why many people have said that adding a scope is not essential for them.
However, believe in me. You will satisfy when seeing the last outcome.
You have to know how to choose the best .22-250 scopes because a bad-quality unit can’t work well. In the end, I also list top 5 products which are the best on the market. There will be one suiting you.
How to choose best .22-250 scopes?
Whether you want to hunt prairie dogs or deer, the .22-250 caliber fits any setup. Also, combining with an eyepiece makes you feel comfortable to perform. However, not all of them can give you the same experience.
Let’s read this part to discover how to choose the best scope for 22-250:
If you hunt small animals, I highly recommend a product less than 10x (about 30x is acceptable).
In case you hunt deer even a bigger animal, it’s okay to choose a little less magnification but for a small game.
Be careful that the more magnification your scope has, the worse the images of the target will appear. In this case, your device must have something to counteract it.
There are three factors in the scope-image quality:
- The first thing is the overall quality of the glass. You don’t have to worry about the products of a company that has a long-standing reputation for them.
- Next is the size of the objective lens. The bigger the magnification is, the more light you will get for the brighter target. It’s hard to see it through improperly sized objective lenses. Although some models may be integrated high technology, it is still hard to see small objects.
- The final thing is the lens coatings. While some manufacturers coat a single lens with a single chemical, others use a proprietary recipe of chemicals. These chemicals decrease glare and filter light for crisper and brighter scope image.
This feature depends on your preference as some people love a more complicated reticle having bullet drop compensation while others prefer to a simpler reticle.
For example, a plain reticle suits a varmint rifle and BDC reticles are used to practice. If you want to buy a .22-250 ballistic scope, you should have a generic BDC reticle.
You also have to determine whether your available reticle is on the 1st or 2nd focal plane. The reticle of the first one allows you to change by zooming in and out to get accuracy at any range. Meanwhile, the reticle of the second one has the same result.
You have two choices:
- The complicated turret allows you to adjust windage and elevation.
- The simple set adjusts like the majority of hunting scopes.
The .22-250 comes with a rather light recoil for ultra-heavy-duty so many people think that this feature is not essential. However, it will be a great idea.
The better the rings are, the less your scope moves around when firing.
Ruggedness and durability
If you usually hunt in unfavorable conditions with dust, humidity, and rain, the scope which you choose must be rain resistant and sealed to protect inside away from sand and water.
Also, it should be shockproof because bumps can happen anytime.
The table comparison of the best .22-250 scopes
In case you don’t have much time to read my whole post, at least you shouldn’t skip this part, where I summarize all the most basic information about the top 5 products:
|Product name||Product Detail|
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-24×50 BDC Reticle
• Adjust the objective lens
• The holdover and windage corrections determine the trajectories of bullets
• The customized hashmark designs
• The anti-reflective and multicoated lenses provide you with high-quality crystal clear picture
• Waterproof and fog proof
• Reset to zero perfectly
Simmons 3-9X32mm .22 MAG rifle scope
• One-piece body with sturdy construction.
• Adequate protection from HydroShield lens coating in any weather condition
• SureGrip adjustments work well with gloves on.
• Mounting rings
Nikon PROSTAFF RIMFIRE II
• The BDC 300 muzzleloading scope
• Clear and light-gathering lens
Nikon ProStaff BDC Riflescope
• The polymer and aluminum materials
• A multicoated optical system expands light transmission
• Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof
Nikon 6729 ProStaff
• A healthy 4-12 power magnification with a 40mm objective lens
• Polymer and aluminum materials.
• The fully multicoated optical system
• The spring-loaded adjustment knob
• The best fog proof and waterproof performance
• The unique see-through ballistic circles
What are the best .22-250 scopes?
Here is the most exciting part. After referring to the table comparison, you may already have a favorite product. We highly recommend choosing Vortex Optics Crossfire II – Great quality scope for the budget! So, let’s discover it in details:
Why should you have this scope?
Any .22-250 caliber bullet can travel far and fast so you need a scope that can meet this thing. Vortex Optics Crossfire passed the test with the 24X zoom, which allows you to get the quick target more than 1000 yards.
Like what you can do with a DLSR camera, the adjustable objective lens helps you focus on your target and remove parallax.
Thanks to the dead hold BDC reticles, you don’t have to guess the trajectories of bullets when there are holdover and windage corrections.
With this product, you don’t have to overthink before shooting. Instead, let you follow step by step of customized hashmark designs on the reticle. In particular, you can shoot at many different ranges.
Do you hunt at night or in the morning?
It’s not important. Just keep in mind that the anti-reflective and multicoated lenses provide you with high-quality crystal clear picture with sharp contrast.
Because of the nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed lenses, it’s waterproof and fog proof, meaning you can use it in rainy seasons.
After sighting in, you can reset to zero through finger adjustable capped reset turrets with MOA clicks.
- Highly durable
- Very clear
- Great value for money
- A lifetime warranty
- A little blurry at high zoom
- A bit low mounts
The .22-250 is known as one of the American cartridges. Hunters usually use in varmint hunting as well as long range target shooting. The best .22-250 scope will help you have the best outcome.
It is a multipurpose unit so you can use it for single shots and rifles.
The speed and accuracy of the .22-250 are spectacular.
FAQs of the best .22-250 scopes
Here are some common questions many readers have asked me. Perhaps you can find out some answers for yourself.
What reticle works well for a varmint rifle?
It depends on your preference. However, if you use rifle optic for the first time, I highly recommend MOA because it’s simple but has the capacity. You can learn a lot of things from it, and it also provides you with excellent service for a lifetime.
What can you hunt with a .22-250?
The majority of hunters tend to use .22-250 for small varmints such as prairie dog, rabbit, and groundhog. However, it’s okay to hunt coyote, and deer or squirrel.
What is the accurate range of a 22-250?
Others are perfect to work within 500 yards, but 22-250 operate within 700 yards. If you expect a 1000 yard caliber, this is not your solution.
At what range we should sight in a 22-250?
The majority of high-powered rifles and optics are used at 100 yards. Depending on each person, the range can be longer or shorter.
What do scope rings work best for a 22-250?
Whether you use rifle or caliber, I strongly recommend sturdy rings.
There is no need to use large rings. Just make sure it’s designed for precision rifles and has a correct size ring for your scope.
Have you recognized the importance of the best .22-250 scopes? If you choose the right one, it will give you the best outcome. I wonder about your decision. So, please let me know your thinking by leaving your comments in the section below.