The Vortex Diamondback 4-12×40 comes with excellent optics. It is a relatively reasonable scope, but is it worth the purchase? Figure it out with the Vortex Diamondback review!
Vortex Diamondback Review
A good rifle scope will help hunters fit into nearly any environment, make them rely on it.
Choices of good ones for hunting are plentiful on the market, from the quality brands like Leupold, Redfield to cheaper Chinese ones.
I had a positive impression of the quality of this Vortex product according to my hunting experience in Texas. The brand has widely been familiar to shooters all over the world.
Though Vortex Diamondback is not the only one that could fully fulfill the expectations of birdwatchers, let’s see what its unique ability brings us.
About the brand
What does Vortex do?
Vortex Optics is a leading American-based manufacturer of optical equipment.
They are specialized in hunting, bird watching, wildlife watching, outdoor recreational sports, and law enforcement.
Vortex offers a wide variety of telescopic sights, from binoculars, riflescopes, prism scopes, spotting scopes, red dots, rangefinders to other related optical accessories.
The issues of where they make products
There is uncertainty about the origin and manufacturing places of Vortex products.
On its official website, the brand claims that Vortex scopes are designed, made, and assembled in-house. However, the origin printed on the labels seems somewhat different.
- They make the Crossfire scopes in China.
- They manufacture Vipers and Diamondbacks in the Philippines.
- They produce some other models like Razor HD scopes in Japan as well.
It’s common that multinational enterprises use the approach of outsourcing for cheaper labor and materials.
At the same time, the quality of products is unchanged.
If you still wonder about the effectiveness of Vortex scopes, you can read the next sections. They will mention all features of the product, its pros, and cons along with the comparison to other brands.
Vortex designs Diamondback 4-12×40 towards an ideal optic for the big game, predator/varmint, muzzleloader, slug shotgun, and long-range hunting.
Diamondback rifle scope is a well-made optic with aircraft-grade aluminum as its primary material.
You’re probably wondering:
“Would the Diamondback pass the test of time?”
So far, there is no evidence of any failed Diamondback scopes, so you can rest assured about the product’s quality of materials.
The multi-coated glass and design have reflected the high-quality and convenient build of Diamondback rifle scopes.
Specifically, its glass is a second focal plane scope, which makes it great because of the quick focusing features and compactness for users. It offers hunters crystal clear and bright images even in the dark.
It also has a solid single-piece tube with a hard anodized finish, lending the Diamondback 4-12×40 rugged reliability. The feature makes it a shockproof, firm scope and provides camouflage at the same time.
The scope is frog-proof and waterproof as well thanks to the O-ring seals and argon purification features so that it can withstand any weather, temperature, and dirt condition.
The optic is 12.8 inches long with a 40mm objective lens, and the magnification range is 4-12x.
The eye relief is somewhat short, which is 32.4-11.3 feet at 100 yards. However, it still provides an excellent long-range view.
The best way to use
Vortex Diamondback riflescope is straightforward yet helpful.
According to my first experience, it is quite easy to figure out and mount. Due to its low weight, the rifle scope does not bring users the hefty feeling like other rifles.
Even when you don’t have much experience in using or mounting rifles, you will feel it more accessible to know how in a short time.
There are two reticle options on the scope, including a dead-hold BDC reticle and a V-Plex reticle. Of which, the BDC Reticle of Vortex Diamondback is convenient for users in the corrections you make for windage and elevation.
To use it, firstly, you only need to set the mark zero at 100 yards. Next, adjust it depending on the marks within the scope.
Do you see how easy it is?
Is it a great buy?
In my opinion, if you are a hunter who is on a budget or buying a rifle scope for the first time, Vortex Diamondback will be worth your purchase!
It is easy to see that the issues of manufacturing location are the outsourcing strategy of Vortex company. The company engineers products in-house, and then contracts overseas manufacturers.
Also, it’s undeniable that its quality and longevity are so outstanding that hunters can use it through several hunting seasons.
Thanks to the cheap labor and manufacturing costs, the riflescope offers much more value for the price.
At a more advantageous level, Vortex will offer consumers a lifetime VIP warranty for all riflescope products.
Pros and Cons
- Its multi-coating helps increase light transmission.
- The anti-reflective material works well in offering the best light transmission without any target illumination factors.
- The turret design helps hunters with the ability to zero reset after sight-in.
- The precise glide erector system will make tracking accurate and ensure the frequency.
- The zoom on the scope is quite smooth and handy even in severe environmental conditions.
- The great ability of shock/water/fog proofing of Diamondback scopes is appreciated by many users.
- Vortex Dead-hold reticle offers hunters excellent accuracy.
- The objective lens of the Vortex rifle scopes is adjustable. Therefore, it will be easier for you to remove the parallax.
- The disadvantage of zoom self-adjustment is that you need to be familiar with the way it works to sight your target through the scope.
- Vortex Diamondback riflescope 4-12×40 is not in production, so it will be harder or more expensive to buy in case you need to replace some parts.
- If you want to buy sunshades for the scope, you would probably have to look for and buy them from the third party sellers because Vortex doesn’t manufacture them.
- It is sometimes inconvenient for some hunters that the eye relief is quite short.
- Some annoyance such as the small viewing window, which is only 11.3 feet at maximum.
With various advantages, Vortex Diamondback riflescope is a better purchase than other similar hunting tools that are two or three times its price.
There are high-quality features that you won’t be able to find in other scopes within the same price range. The product is an excellent choice for any medium-range shooters and marksmen.
Overall, the primary reason I like this Vortex Diamondback is its durability through time and hash conditions.
For further information, don’t hesitate to visit Vortex Diamond official website or Amazon.com. I hope you will have a nice hunting trip! Please like and share the Vortex Diamondback review if you find it useful.
Grab this product on Amazon right now!
Disclaimer: Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of the product.